The Energy Healing Site is a unique, free resource. It takes me (Nancy) many hours each week to sustain and expand it. If it is valuable to you, please consider supporting it with a donation.
5 Ways to Clear Your Sacral Chakra and Open to Joy
By Weird Beard (Happy) [CC-BY-2.0], via Wikimedia Commons
Are you working too hard, either temporarily or as a life-style? Does life feel like a grind? Have you lost your ability to feel joy, to play, to be creative? Perhaps you feel numb, or your mate complains that you never express your feelings. Maybe you've been feeling low-energy or unhappy with your erotic life.
If any of this sounds like you, it might help to learn some ways to clear and balance your sacral chakra.
Skip directly to techniques for sacral chakra clearing.
Second of the seven chakras, it's the key to life energy, emotions, sexuality, and creativity. Called svadhisthana in Sankrit, it gives us the life energy for creation, recreation, and procreation.
Clearing, balancing, and opening your sacral chakra can help you regain your joie de vivre. It'll get your life juices and creative juices flowing, and that makes your life--juicier!
You don't have to be a trained energy healer to heal your own chakras. There are many down-to-earth, even fun, things that you can do to give them a "tune-up."
Read on to learn 5 ways to clear and balance your sacral chakra. But first:
Why Balance Your Second Chakra?
It's very common to have one or more chakras that is blocked or out of balance to some degree. This can cause disruptions in a person’s body, mind, spirit, and life. These disruptions can range from a sense of unwellness and unease, to more serious problems--actual dis-ease in one's body or dysfunction in one's life. (To learn more about chakra blockages, go here.)
© Little_prince | Dreamstime.com
What is the 2nd Chakra?
The svadhisthana, or second chakra, is located at the lower abdomen/lower back, about three inches below the navel. Its keywords are "life energy" and "creativity." It relates to vitality, sexual/erotic health and fulfillment, ease with change, creativity, generativity, grace, feeling, fluidity, pleasure, sensation, and emotional balance. Its associated color is orange, and its associated element is water.
Is Your Sacral Chakra Healthy?
Someone with a healthy second chakra will usually be energetic and eager for life; enjoy their sexuality without having it rule them; have a form of creative expression; enjoy art, beauty, and sensory experience; be able to experience joy; experience their emotions without (generally) being overwhelmed by them; be able to be spontaneous and play; be open to change; and have a healthy lower back, reproductive system, and urinary system.
5 Ways to Clear, Open, and Balance Your Sacral Chakra
If you feel you would benefit from sacral chakra healing, there are many practical, every-day things that you can do. Here are five ideas:
- spend time in moonlight and near open water (Obviously, open water in moonlight is doubly good!); allow yourself to feel a lovely sense of flow in your second chakra
- surround yourself with beauty--art, flowers, music, color--whatever gives you that elevated feeling that beauty confers; give yourself a moment to savor it every time you encounter it
- calendar therapy--free up your schedule to make more time for spontaneity (and then do some fun things on the spur of the moment)
- use perfumes with musk, ylang ylang, or sandalwood; apply them with a sense of ritualwearing it or decorating your spaces with it; allow the color to be a reminder, and every time you see it, repeat an affirmation reinforcing the health of your second chakra
- repeat an affirmation such as:
- Pleasure is a sacred part of my life.
- I give myself permission to fully enjoy my sexuality.
- The universe is full of sweetness and beauty.
- My life is graceful and pleasurable.
- I allow my emotions to flow through me in a healthy way.
- Creating (fill in the blank) nourishes my spirit and brings me joy.
Finally, here's a lovely practice
called Joy Therapy that you can easily integrate into your life to support and nourish your 2nd chakra.
Learn More Ways To Balance, Align and Support Your Second Chakra
If you want to learn more fun, practical, down-to-earth activities and exercises to balance and align your second chakra (as well as the other six chakras!) you can find them in my book, "Chakra Care: Do-It-Yourself Energy Healing for a More Joyful, Loving, Fruitful Life"
Remember, you are working with your subtle energy. Your intention matters! Before doing one of the activities above, set your intention. For example, you might set and hold the intention to clear and balance your sacral chakra, to allow more play into your life, to embrace change, to nurture your creativity, to open to joy, etc.
Just make your purpose clear, perform the activity mindfully, and as you're doing it, occasionally take a moment to silently affirm that your actions are creating your intention. Using any of the activities above in conjunction with an affirmation is especially effective.
Seek Professional Help If
Remember, these suggestions are not meant to replace qualified professional health care. If you have any concerns about your physical or mental health, seek the help of a qualified medical or mental health professional.
I wish you joy, grace, creativity, pleasure, emotional healing--and fun!
Learn More About the Chakras
Want to learn more about the chakras? Visit the Chakras Main Page for access to 19 other articles about the chakras, including
- a page like this one for each of the chakras
- general info about chakras and
- more specific methods and techniques for healing them.
Go from Sacral Chakra to Chakras main page
Go to site home page .