The Energy Healing Site is a unique, free resource. It takes me (Nancy) many hours each week to sustain and expand it. If it is valuable to you, please consider supporting it with a donation.
Use the Power of Gems and Crystals to Support Chakra Health
© Vevesoran | Dreamstime.com
Do you enjoy gems, crystals, and stones?
Then you may enjoy working with chakra stones to support the health and vibrancy of your chakras. Read on for the gems recommended for each of the 7 chakras, and a powerful but simple method for using them for healing.
(But first, if you need a refresher on what chakras are, you can go here for a general overview, or here for more detailed information.
Following are some suggestions for chakra gems for the individual chakras. These are meant as suggestions, rather than hard-and-fast rules. You should follow your own inner guidance about what gems are right for you.
Hematite, black obsidian, garnet, smoky quartz, red jasper, jet, bloodstone, ruby, fire opal
Carnelian, orange calcite, orange jasper, fire opal, tiger's eye
citrine, yellow jasper, amber, fire opal, golden calcite, topaz, moonstone
Rose quartz, pink tourmaline, green adventurine, malachite, jade, peridot, rhodochrosite, rhodonite
Turquoise, sodalite, blue calcite, aquamarine, blue lace agate, blue aragonite
Lapis lazuli, sugilite, azurite, celestite, blue aventurine, angelite
Amethyst, white topaz, white calcite, blue opal, blue sapphire
Energy Healing With Chakra Stones
Gemstones have long been used for healing--of mind, body and spirit. Many energy healers and other alternative healers today incorporate them into their work.
There are any number of ways that you could use chakra gemstones--your imagination is your only limit. But I'll explain one commonly used method here, what might be called "laying on of stones."
Keep in mind that the way to make any technique effective is to do it mindfully, with sacred intention to support the health of your energy system.
You can do a healing in which you treat each of the seven chakras, or you can just do a "spot treatment" for a particular chakra that's feeling "off" if you have less time.
Laying on of Stones
- Select the chakra stones /gems /crystals that you will be using.
© Martin Novak | Dreamstime.com
- Clear your stones when you first acquire them, and then before every healing. Ways to clear a stone include washing it in salt water (sea water or water in which sea salt has been dissolved); burying it in the earth (point down); exposing it to moonlight; running it under cool water; or holding it in your closed fist and "blowing into it" (blow into the small gap where your thumb and index finger are curled around each other) with the intention to purify it.
- Put your chakra stones in a place where they'll be accessible to you you once you lie down.
- Lie down on a comfortable surface. Attend to your comfort with a blanket and a pillow under your knees or head if needed. Take a few minutes to breathe deeply and slowly into your belly (actually into the lower third of your lungs, but your belly will rise and fall if you're doing it correctly!). Set your intention for this healing session. If you're just going to work with one chakra, set the specific intention for that chakra. If you're going to work with all the chakras, set a general intention for this healing.
- If you're only going to work with one chakra, place the stone over that chakra.
© Little_prince | Dreamstime.com
- If you're going to work with the whole chakra system, you can proceed in either of two ways. You can start at the crown chakra and work your way down, in order, to the first chakra (sky to earth--e.g. for helping the recipient ground and center, alleve headaches and anxiety, manifest something on a physical plane); or you can go the other way, starting at the root chakra and working your way up to the crown (earth to sky--e.g. for raising the recipient's energy to a higher vibration, enhancing spiritual development, increasing physical energy). Don't sweat the direction choice--just go with what feels right.
- If you place the stones top to bottom, have any points on the stones facing toward your feet. Conversely, if you're placing the stones bottom to top, place any stones with points so that the points face your head.
- Some healers also like to place a stone/gem/crystal above their head and below their feet. You may also like to hold a stone in each hand.
- If a stone doesn't feel comfortable or "feels wrong" or keeps rolling off once you place it, go with that feeling and remove it, either leaving that chakra without a stone, or using a different one.
- As you place each chakra stone, you may want to set a specific intention for the healing of that particular chakra, sense the energy of the stone, and visualize its bright color and harmonious energy "tuning" the chakra.
- After all the stones that you will be using have been set, simply rest for a while, allowing your chakras to be balanced and cleared by the chakra stones. Breathe slowly and evenly; empty your mind as much as possible, going into the "space between thoughts."
- When the stones start to roll off your body, or when it feels right, end the healing. Remove the stones one by one in order. You can thank them if that feels right.
- Gently return your awareness to the here and now, and allow yourself to transition slowly back into your daily life. Drink a glass of water, and perhaps eat a piece of fruit.
- You may want to write in your journal about what you've experienced.
- At some point, re-clear your chakra stones.
- Watch for gentle, positive changes for the next week or so.
How Does Gemstone Healing Work?
Our chakras--like any aspect of our selves--are energetic patterns. These patterns can be disrupted--blocked, skewed, distorted, etc. Restoring harmony and order to the energy of the chakra will return it to a state of health--i.e., will heal it.
Anything that has a harmonious, orderly energy pattern can help to entrain our energy back to a harmonious state. (Kind of like a tuning fork.)
Crystals and gemstones have that inherent harmony and order in their energy pattern. Like anything with harmonious energy, they can be used to heal.
Each type of stone resonates with a slightly different energy pattern. The energy patterns of the different stones will relate more closely to the ideal energy pattern of one of your chakras, and its pure resonance can be used to help that chakra return to its ideal vibration or energy pattern.
Like any method of healing, the user's intention is critical. A pure healing intention makes the healing work.
More About Healing Your Chakras
If you'd like lots more ideas for chakra healing, you may enjoy my book, Chakra Care: Do-It-Yourself Energy Healing for a More Joyful, Loving, Fruitful Life, which I wrote to help people understand the chakras and learn ways that anyone -- not just professional energy healers -- can balance, align and nurture them.
This practical, highly readable resource has over 500 down-to-earth activities and exercises that you can use to nurture and heal your chakras. It's a just-right explanation of the chakras for beginners, but it has loads of fresh ideas and perspectives for more experienced energy workers, too.
More Information About Chakras
There are also many more articles about chakras on this site. Go to the Chakras main page to access them.
(You'll have to scroll down the page a bit.)
Go to site home page
And here's a handy chart.