The Energy Healing Site is a unique, free resource. It takes me (Nancy) many hours each week to sustain and expand it. If it is valuable to you, please consider supporting it with a donation.
Clearing Your Heart Chakra, Opening To Love
Skip directly to techniques for heart chakra clearing.
Is there a relationship in your life that you're having trouble with? Are you lonely, or do you have a hard time connecting to others in a meaningful way? Do you have a broken heart or emotional wound that won't heal? Is there someone (including yourself) you'd like to forgive? Are you on a path of spiritual growth? Would you like to rise to a higher level of compassion and non-judgment for others?
If any of this resonates with you, it might be helpful to learn some ways to clear and balance your heart chakra.
© Little_prince | Dreamstime.com
The fourth of the seven chakras, it's also called Anahata in Sankrit. It governs our ability to love unconditionally and to heal. Clearing and balancing your fourth chakra can help you
- grow spiritually
- dissolve the myth of separateness
- heal emotionally and physically
- forgive yourself and others
- connect deeply to others
- open your heart to the universal love that always surrounds you
- open your heart to human love and have healthy relationships
- rise above anger, hatred, and jealousy, and rise to a higher state of consciousness.
- experience deep inner balance and peace.
You don't have to be a trained energy healer to heal your 4th chakra. Read on to learn 5 down-to-earth, satisfying ways that you can clear your heart chakra. But first:
What is the Heart Chakra?
The Anahata chakra is located in the center of the chest at heart level. Its keywords are "unconditional love," "healing," and "connection." It relates to compassion, healing, divine love, self-love and relationships. Its associated color is green, and its element is air.
Image courtesy www.SacredCenters.com.
Situated at the middle of the chakra system, the fourth chakra integrates the upper and lower chakras, unifying physical and spiritual energies, body and spirit.
With the fourth chakra, we start to move beyond the focus on the separate self, toward a focus on relationship and connection. At the fourth chakra, we start to reach for the heavens.
A clear, balanced heart chakra is essential to ongoing spiritual growth. While it supports healthy relationships on an earthly level, on a spiritual level it dissolves the myth of separateness and brings integration and wholeness to our entire being. The love of the fourth chakra is divine love, love as a state of being, and it brings with it a deep sense of inner peace.
Is Your Fourth Chakra Healthy?
Someone with a healthy fourth chakra is usually compassionate, able to love deeply, and has a sense of emotional fulfillment. In relationships, they are usually capable of deep intimacy while maintaining healthy personal boundaries. They are kind, forgiving, trusting, and nonjudgmental. They may radiate peace. Often they have a strong connection to nature. Whatever their profession, they act as a healing presence.
They may have healthy lungs, heart, respiratory & cardiac systems, thymus gland, arms, and hands.
5 Ways to Clear and Balance Your Heart Chakra
If you feel you'd benefit from clearing your heart chakra, there are many practical, every-day things that you can do. Here are five ideas:
- Get out in nature. Take a hike or meditate outdoors. Be deeply aware of the birds.
- Do your best to forgive someone. Just let it go. Then make a list of everyone you can think of who loves you or has loved you--living or dead. Love is always current, always present, even when a relationship has "ended" or a person has died. Let the love sink in. Try to keep the awareness of being loved in the forefront of your heart all day, like a warm glow.
- Perform an anonymous "random act of kindness" every day for a week. Notice how it makes you feel.
- Reconnect with an old, dear friend. Let them know what they've meant to you.
- Create and repeat an affirmation such as:
- "I forgive naturally and easily."
- "My heart is full."
- "I see evidence of love all around me."
- "It is my nature to heal."
- "The love that I give comes back to me many times over."
A Fourth Chakra Blessing
I wish you abundant love and compassion, flowing both in to and out from you, in a never-ending, radiant stream. May you experience the sea of love in which your being floats; may you feel your essential connection to all things.
Remember, when working with your subtle energy, intention matters! Before doing any of the activities above, set your intention. For example, you might set and hold a general intention for heart chakra healing, or a more specific goal of forgiving someone, healing from an emotional wound, developing compassion, dissolving separation, etc.
Just make your purpose clear, perform the activity mindfully, and as you're doing it, occasionally take a moment to silently affirm that your actions are creating your intention.
Learn More Ways To Balance, Align and Support Your Heart Chakra
If you want to learn lots more fun, practical, down-to-earth activities and exercises to balance and align the fourth chakra (as well as the other six chakras!), you can find them in my book, "Chakra Care: Do-It-Yourself Energy Healing for a More Joyful, Loving, Fruitful Life"
Seek Professional Help If
Remember, these suggestions are not meant to replace qualified professional health care. If you have any concerns about your physical or mental health, seek the help of a qualified medical or mental health professional.
Learn More About the Chakras
Want to learn more about the chakras? Visit the Chakras Main Page for access to 19 other articles about the chakras, including
- a page like this one for each of the chakras
- general info about chakras and
- more specific methods and techniques for healing them.
Go from Heart Chakra to Chakras main page
Go to site home page .
Visit chakra doyenne Anodea Judith's site.