The Energy Healing Site is a unique, free resource. It takes me (Nancy) many hours each week to sustain and expand it. If it is valuable to you, please consider supporting it with a donation.
5 Down-to-Earth Ways
to Clear Your 5th Chakra
and Live Your Truth
Scroll down to find specific exercises for 5th chakra clearing and healing.
Graphic courtesy www.SacredCenters.com
Does your life reflect the fullness of who you are? Are you speaking your truth and saying the things that really need to be said? Are you hearing others' truths? Are they hearing yours? Are you fully exercising the divine spark of creativity that lives in you? Would you like to get below the surface of things, to access deeper levels of insight?
If any of this resonates with you, it might be helpful to learn some ways to open and balance your throat chakra.
The fifth of the seven chakras, it's also called Vishuddha (or Vishuddhi) in Sankrit. It governs our ability to express ourselves, to speak the truth, and to create. Clearing and balancing your fifth chakra can help you
- speak your truth
- hear and be heard on a deep level
- express yourself clearly, honestly, and eloquently
- have a rich creative life
- manifest your personal essence in the physical world
- purify for further spiritual development and access deeper levels of insight.
You don't have to be a trained energy healer to heal your 5th chakra. Read on to learn 5 down-to-earth, satisfying ways that you can open your throat chakra.
What is the 5th Chakra?
The Vishuddha chakra is located in the throat. Its keywords are "self-expression," "creativity," "communication," and "truth." Its associated color is sky blue, and its element is sound.
The 5th chakra, whose Sanskrit name means "Purifier," is the gateway to the chakras devoted to spirituality.
The throat chakra supports us in expressing the fullness of who we are--our fullest, most sacred truth(s). As I see it, recognizing and communicating our truths purifies us in preparation for further spiritual evolution.
The 5th chakra allows us to bring our personal essence into the physical world, expressing our unique perspective on universal truth and cosmic intelligence. It allows us to create--and in doing so, to activate and express our divine nature.
Ideally the 5th chakra unifies and metabolizes the wisdom of the sixth chakra and the compassion of the heart chakra.
Is Your Throat Chakra Healthy?
Someone with an ideally healthy fifth chakra is usually able to create a distinctive and fulfilling life for themselves. They are very in touch with themselves and what is true for them. They are good listeners as well as effective speakers and/or writers. They are known for honesty and have a knack for getting to the underlying truth of matters. They are often influential or inspirational to others. They usually have rich creative lives, and often pleasing speaking and/or singing voices. They may be musical or poetic. They will usually have healthy necks, shoulders, mouths, ears, noses, sinuses, and thyroid glands.
5 Ways to Clear and Balance Your 5th ChakraHere are five ideas for throat chakra healing:
- Sing, hum, or chant. Find a place where you won't be disturbed (and preferably with great resonance), and do it with as much authenticity as you can--with your true voice, not your voice as you think it should sound.
- Listen to someone with your whole self for five minutes; then switch and have them listen to you. Both of you should aim for complete presence, and should not comment on what the other is saying, even with facial expressions.
- Speak up about something that you've been silent about. Speak your truth! (E.g., write that letter to the editor; ask the question instead of just wondering; speak out about what you normally only mutter under your breath.)
- Do shoulder or neck rolls, or the yoga facial exercise known as "the lion."
Repeat an affirmation such as:
- "I am heard."
- "It is my nature to create."
- "I am able to speak to others clearly and eloquently."
- "It is good, right, and safe for me to express my true self."
- "I allow my essence to express itself in my life."
A Throat Chakra Blessing
May you hear and speak truth. May your life and your creations express the fullness of who you are. May you know ever deeper levels of truth.
Remember, when working with your subtle energy, intention matters! Before doing any of the activities above, set your intention. For example, you might set and hold a general intention for 5th chakra healing, or a more specific goal of getting help with speaking the truth, overcoming a creative block, being able to express something clearly, etc.
Make your purpose clear, perform the activity mindfully, and as you're doing it, occasionally take a moment to silently affirm that your actions are creating your intention.
Learn More Ways To Balance, Align and Support Your Throat Chakra
If you want to learn many more fun, practical, down-to-earth activities and exercises to balance and align your fifth chakra (as well as the other six chakras!)-- over 500 in all -- you can find them in my book, "Chakra Care: Do-It-Yourself Energy Healing for a More Joyful, Loving, Fruitful Life."
Seek Professional Help If
Remember, these suggestions are not meant to replace qualified professional health care. If you have any concerns about your physical or mental health, seek the help of a qualified medical or mental health professional.
Learn More About The Chakras
Visit the Chakras Main Page for access to 19 other articles about the chakras.
Go from 5th Chakra to Chakras main page
Go to site home page.
Visit Anodea Judith's site.
Chakra symbol used by permission of Anodea Judith and the website www.SacredCenters.com.
5th chakra standing figure Copyright Dane G. Meyer 2014