The Energy Healing Site is a unique, free resource. It takes me (Nancy) many hours each week to sustain and expand it. If it is useful to you, please consider supporting it with a donation.
Do you like to work with aromatherapy? Then you may enjoy using chakra essential oils to support the health and vibrancy of your chakras.
I'll explain two commonly used method here. Don't let that stop you from creating your own ways to use them. (See below for safety rules, though.)
Keep in mind that the way to make any subtle energy technique effective is to do it mindfully, with sacred intention to support the health of your energy system.
You can do a healing in which you treat each of the seven chakras, or you can just do a "spot treatment" for a particular energy center that's feeling "off" if you have less time.
Anointing the Chakras
- Select the chakra essential oils that you will be using. I wouldn't choose more than one oil per chakra for a session.
- Create your anointing oil. Blend each EO with a carrier oil such as jojoba or grapeseed oil at a dilution of 1-10 drops of EO per ounce of carrier oil. (This is vibrational medicine, and a very, very diluted blend will do.) Label each blend.
- Put your anointing oil blends in a place where they'll be accessible to you you once you lie down.
- Lie down on a comfortable surface, wearing loose clothes that you don't mind getting oil on. Attend to your comfort with a blanket and a pillow under your knees or head if needed. Take a few minutes to breathe deeply and slowly into your belly (actually into the lower third of your lungs, but your belly will rise and fall if you're doing it correctly!).
- Set your intention for this healing session. If you're just going to work with one chakra, set the specific intention for that one. If you're going to work with the whole system, set a general intention for this healing.
- If you're only going to work with one energy center, anoint it with the chakra essential oil you've chosen. Use only a few drops, and apply it slowly in a clockwise direction with your fingertips.
- For the root, you can anoint the soles of your feet, or your low back.
© Little_prince | Dreamstime.com
- If you're going to work with the whole system, you can proceed in either of two ways. You can start at the crown and work your way down, in order, to the first chakra (sky to earth--e.g. for helping ground and center, relieve headaches and anxiety, manifest something on a physical plane); or you can go the other way, starting at the root and working your way up to the crown (earth to sky--e.g. for raising energy to a higher vibration, enhancing spiritual development, increasing physical energy). Don't worry about the direction choice--just go with what feels right.
- As you anoint each one, you may want to set a specific intention for its healing, sense the energy of the oil, and visualize its harmonious energy working to open, balance, and "tune."
- After all have been anointed, simply rest for a while, allowing your energy to be balanced and cleared by the oils. Breathe slowly and evenly; empty your mind as much as possible, going into the "space between thoughts."
- When it feels right, end the healing.
- Gently return your awareness to the here and now, and allow yourself to transition slowly back into your daily life. Drink a glass of water, and perhaps eat a piece of fruit.
- You may want to write in your journal about what you've experienced.
- Watch for gentle, positive changes for the next week or so.
Diffusion Method For Using Chakra Essential OilsThis works best if you're working with a single chakra. Following the directions that came with your diffuser, diffuse your chosen chakra essential oil. Set your intention for healing, sense the energy of the oil, and visualize its harmonious energy opening, balancing, and "tuning" of the chakra. Meditate, rest, or practice yoga for a half an hour or so. In particular, doing yoga that opens and stretches the area of the body near the selected energy center may be helpful.
Anything that has a harmonious, orderly energy pattern/vibration can help to entrain our energy back to a harmonious state. (Kind of like a tuning fork.)
Pure essential oils have that inherent harmony and order in their energy pattern. Like anything with harmonious energy, they can be used to heal the chakras.
Each type of oil resonates with a slightly different energy pattern/vibrates on a different frequency, and will relate more closely to the ideal energy pattern of one of your chakras. Its pure resonance can be used to help that chakra return to its ideal vibration or energy pattern and a higher state of health.
Like any subtle energy method of healing, the user's intention is critical. A pure healing intention is the most important key to making the healing work.
If you enjoy working with chakra essential oils, you may enjoy my book, Chakra Care: Do-It-Yourself Energy Healing for a More Joyful, Loving, Fruitful Life, which I wrote to help people understand the chakras and learn ways that anyone -- not just professional energy healers -- can balance, align and nurture them.
I encourage you to click here to see how this practical, highly readable resource may benefit you and your life. It has over 500 down-to-earth activities and exercises that you can use to nurture and heal your chakras.
Chakra Care is a just-right explanation of the chakras for beginners, but it has loads of fresh ideas and perspectives for more experienced energy workers, too.
There are more resources right on this site, too. Visit the Healing The Chakras Main Page for access to 19 more articles about the chakras. (You'll need to scroll down the page a bit.)
Learn more about energy healing, including practical tips for more health and happiness. (Visit The Energy Healing Blog to see what you’ll be getting.) I’ll also give you two gifts: my "Seven Chakras at Glance" chart and "First Chakra: Get Beyond Anxiety To A Sense Of Peace And Security."
Do-It-Yourself Energy Healing for a More Joyful, Loving, Fruitful Life
Learn to clear, nurture and support your chakras with 500 fun, down-to-earth activities. A user-friendly, practical guide, available as a paperback, ebook or Kindle. Learn more or buy it here.